Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Healer, encourager, friend

I know after my post yesterday you may or may not want to hear my sentiments towards anyone or anything today, but this is different. For those of you that have had the pleasure of meeting my brother Ben (Benny) Mendoza, you will know just how true my words are. For those of you that haven't met him, you are missing out greatly and need to meet him. The reason I am writing about him today is because I know that he knows I love and appreciate him but I don't think he knows how much. From the time we were small children (from the time I was born really) Benny has been like a caretaker for me. He is my best friend and just overall amazing. He would be there for anyone that needed him at the drop of the hat and somehow always seems to know what to say to make your problems seem a little less hard to tackle. I just know he is going to make the most caring and awesome doctor the world has ever had the chance to see. It seems like he has this sixth sense to notice when I am having a rough day. On those days that everything seems to be going wrong, I get a phone call from the one and only brother of mine. We talk as often as we can (we both have insanely busy schedules most of the time) but when something is bothering me he can tell and before I know it, I am ranting my entire story in tears and he listens patiently. When I am done explaining the situation he generally says something that blows my mind. Just yesterday in fact, I was pretty upset about something and he told me that he knew I could get through this because he has learned that if I get knocked down, I always find a way back up, even if that means I get knocked down four more times. Wow! I didn't know he thought I was that strong, and to be honest, yesterday I was feeling pretty down on myself. His words made me stop crying and get back up, just like he had faith that I could do. Ben is an encourager, a healer, a great listener, an amazing brother, and most of all the best friend I have ever had. I don't know if he has time to read these but if you do Bens I love you and appreciate you.

One more quick update on my life and all things Vae, I am still searching for a job and am going to start applying to places in the food industry which I have wanted to avoid but at this point I can't be choosey so wish me luck and send me all the love and prayers you can. I appreciate it very much! I don't know how many people actually read these but thank you! Even if I only have one reader, thank you. I love writing and will be doing this blogging thing a lot more because it helps me to continue to write for myself and not because I have to. I forgot just how much I enjoyed blogging until yesterday so expect lots more from me. Have a wonderful day! If you could, if you are reading this, you should leave me a comment. It makes me so happy to hear from all my friends and family and anyone else reading this by pure chance. Love you all!

A brother is a friend provided by nature.
-Legouve Pere

3 comments:

  1. Thank you sister! Reading this is good timing for me. With residency starting for real tomorrow, I am not feeling so confident. This sure helps! Keep your chin up and I will try to do the same. I love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vae, it was really great reading this and I am never surprised at the love you two share because it has always been there. I am so very proud of my children and I thank God for this wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you love and encouragement, please read my more detailed Facebook comments on your posts... Hang in there kiddo!

    ReplyDelete