Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Smoothie!!

So I wasn't going to start blogging officially until tomorrow but I had to write about this wonderful smoothie I just made. Mom bought this chocolate silk (silk is like the non dairy soy milk) and at first I wasn't too crazy about it but it kinda grew on me. But anyway she was drinking it the other night and said "Wouldn't this be good to make a smoothie out of?" And so today I decided I would try it and boy am I glad I did! I put about a cup of crushed ice into my smoothie maker with a banana, about 3/4 cup of the silk, and somewhere around 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. It is truly wonderful! If you like chocolate, bananas, peanut butter and smoothies I suggest you try it!!
While I am here I suppose I can make a quick little blurb about my day as well. It was so nice to have the day off. I didn't realize how tired I was, but now that I have had the day to rest and recover I feel like I have real energy again! It was an amazing feeling to just be able to relax and not have to worry about this or that needing to be done. I must admit I did miss being in the classroom with all the kids today but they will still be there Thursday. Speaking of which I am extremely excited for Thursday because the kids in my 5th hour are finishing their presentations so I get to watch a few of them! For those of you who don't know, I spend three hours every Tuesday and Thursday observing two different teachers at Pueblo County High School. I love every minute of it and know in my heart that I have finally found the path that God wants me to be on.
Also speaking of God, I am extremely happy about something! Many of you probably already know this but I am going to be the Young Adult Advisory Delegate (Y.A.A.D) for Presbyterian General Assembly (G.A) in July. I am extremely happy about this but kind of nervous too. I know its going to be an amazing experience but a LOT of work too. I am asking for prayers as the time approaches that we will be successful in our time of meeting and make decisions for the Presbyterian churches of America.
Never take the days of relaxation for granted, or for that matter any day. Each day we are given is a blessing. Each day from today forward, I want to finish my blogs with a quote that matches what I have to say. Today I will have two because both seemed fitting:

Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars.
-- Henry Van Dyke

And of course one for my delicious smoothie, a classic quote:
Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get.
--Forrest Gump

No comments:

Post a Comment