Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Just a quick update!

For those who did not see via facebook twitter or some other way... "Goodbye technology community. Today is my last day for a while. I'm going silent for 46 days during the time of lent (not really for lent just for my own growth which I happened to decide to do during lent). I'm ridding my life of all the noise of technology to spend more time working on my faith with God. Being that the Olympics are on currently I will allow some tv time for that and email for work and school as well as typing out blogs I will prewrite on Sundays. If you need to get a hold of me please email call or text. Wish me luck"

So what does this mean for blogs? Well thats simple really, throughout the week I will write down things that I find important or that I deem blog worthy and on Sundays I will type them out on here. SO don't worry, there will still be blogs (quite possibly more regularly this way anyway).

Being that its not Sunday and almost midnight on the day that I go silent, this update will be short. Today was a good day, I had work which was nice because I got to help out with appositives, and then homework and finally a Mardi Gras party. That party was super fun! Instead of the traditional way of getting beads we made a game out of it. We each started with 8 beads, and while we played Settlers (Which I finally learned Ben and Jord so watch out!) we made a rule that we could not say any words that started with the letters G or M for mardi gras and if you did then whomever caught you got one of your beads. If you caught yourself before anyone else noticed then you didn't have to give up beads. It turned out to be extremely difficult and between the rules of settlers and focusing on the words said, we had to think a lot. It was a total blast though and I enjoyed every minute of it. I was so glad to spend time with my friends and just have laughs and an overall good time!

In honor of the short blog, I have chosen two quotes for the day:


At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.
--Jean Houston


A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul.
--Dwight L. Moody

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can barely focus on the rules of Settlers, I couldn't imagine having to focus on that too! Sounds like a good, fun night.

    ReplyDelete